Avery Jackson III
Avery M. Jackson III, MD, is the chief executive officer and medical director of Michigan Neurosurgical Institute, PC, which he founded in 2004. A board-certified neurosurgeon, Dr. Jackson has extensive training and experience in complex spinal cases, brain and spinal tumors, and head and spine trauma, as well as minimally invasive procedures such as vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty to relieve pain.
Dr. Jackson also participates in clinical trials of the latest neurosurgical treatments and techniques, frequently writes and speaks to medical audiences on neurosurgical topics, and holds several patents for medical inventions. He is a consultant and team member of Dr. Caroline Leaf ’s Integrated Mind team. Dr. Jackson has presented on TBN and podcasts on the Dr. Leaf Show.
A graduate of the University of Chicago with a degree in biology, Dr. Jackson earned his medical degree at Wayne State University School of Medicine in Detroit and continued his training in general surgery at Northwestern University in Chicago, Illinois. He trained in neurosurgery at Penn State University, where he later served as chief resident in neurosurgery at Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. Dr. Jackson also was a faculty instructor during a complex neurosurgical spine fellowship at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
Dr. Jackson is the owner and founder of multiple companies:
- Michigan Neurosurgical Institute, PC, since 2004, a privately owned surgical practice
- MNI Great Lakes ECHO LLC, established in 2016. Dr. Jackson uses Project ECHO to foster collaboration among health professionals and others to address the opioid epidemic, mental health issues, and osteoporosis complications in Michigan and throughout the world.
- Lindsey Marie Group, a land holding company, since 2016
- Optical Spine LLC, which owns surgical inventions, since 2016
- Freedom Innovations LLC, which owns surgical inventions, since 2018
Just click the link below if you’re interested in learning more about: Michigan Neurosurgical Institute